Nelly Health Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- in-clinic abortion
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
- sedation options (medication to make the abortion more comfortable)
- Abortion Services
Here’s what you need to know about abortion services at this health centre:
Abortion Pill (“Medication Abortion”)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
If your last period was more than 24 weeks and 0 days ago, read about our in-clinic abortion services below.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, +27780 251 684 transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
In-clinic abortion is offered up to 24 weeks and 6 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was after 24 weeks and 6 days, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
In-clinic abortions are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health centre for 4-5 hour(s) for your entire visit for an in-clinic abortion.
Other Abortion Services Information
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh-negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
At times there may be protesters outside of the health centre. We suggest you avoid interaction with them.
If you desire medication to help make your in-clinic abortion more comfortable, you must have someone else drive you home.
If you have asthma, bring an inhaler if you have one.
Laws and Regulations
Call Me +27780 251 684
Informed Consent for Abortion Services
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health centre for abortion services pricing information.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.